Small businesses that invest in HR best practices and HR...Read More
Combining HR expertise, small business support, change leadership, and technology innovation for more than 20 years.
Why Choose Me?
20+ years expertise across small businesses, startups, international franchise systems and fortune 100 firms, focused on Strategy, People Operations, Workforce Management, Culture, Business Setup, Management, Labor Law Compliance and HR Best Practices required to grow your business from an idea to a best practice employer.
- I can walk you through the journey into business ownership, from planning to hiring your first team.
- Together, let’s strategize your most pressing business needs (staffing, strategic planning, technology).
- As you scale up, let’s document your processes and procedures for consistency and compliance.
- Need software and apps? Let’s choose the most affordable tools that work together for your business.
- I can coach and develop your staff and leadership team as your business grows.
- Let’s articulate your mission, vision, and strategy to clients and workers.
- I can build processes and tools to maximize organizational performance.
- Let me help your team adapt to and embrace change.
- Let’s develop a world-class employee work culture for your business.
- I can assist in hiring, coaching and developing your workforce with cutting edge training and on-the-job support tools.
Certifications include SPHR, ICFE, change management, project management and dozens more.
Laura H has a passion for small business and start-up organizations, applying her 20+ years as a certified human resources professional (SPHR). She earned undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, economics and educational technology and has been featured in over 100 publications including the Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Business.com and Fit Small Business. She leverages her tech-savvy HR expertise and Fortune 100 and franchise start-up background to help small businesses grow and scale, avoiding expensive newbie mistakes when it comes to labor law compliance, productivity software and people management.
Although I work with MANY organizations doing similar projects, I have yet to ever run across a more thorough and talented organizer and Do-er! Laura's strengths are that she sees the big picture, prioritizes all the steps in front of the project, and ATTACKS the project with creativity and commitment through to the very end. I was so impressed with her that she immediately went into my "recruiting basket" as a potential hire for my organization. I highly recommend Laura for any organization that is looking to engage an independent thinker that is willing to do what it takes to see every project through to it's successful completion with creativity & focus.
Laura brought our organization into the 21st century with her innovative ideas and programs. Laura has the ability to look at a problem and see answers that others would miss. Her meetings were extremely well organized, informative and just plain fun to attend. She has a personality that makes everyone want to learn from her. My background was Human Resources and I would rank Laura at the top of all the Human Resource Professionals I have known or worked with.
Laura is an innovative, strategic and energetic professional with strong conceptual skills. She can easily manage large scale projects and gets things done!
Laura H's Other Articles
The best human resources tools range from employee data software to mobile HR apps that track people and work-related activities. HR tools streamline tasks human resource professionals manage—beyond hiring, benefits, and culture building. Below are traditional HR standbys plus some newer tools your HR team may find you can no longer live without.